- Tax — Individual
- We prepare tax returns for all individuals, ranging from Form 1040EZ to Form 1040. These returns include farms, rental property, sole proprietors, investors and small businesses. No client is too big or too small! We provide multi-state tax preparation for individuals as well.
- Tax — Estate
- We prepare tax returns for estates of all sizes.
- Tax — Trust
- We prepare trust returns from simple to complex, as well as CRUTs and estates.
- Tax Planning
- We provide tax planning for individuals in regards to income tax reduction, estate, and trust tax reduction at both the State and Federal level.
- IRS and State Representation
- Being one of three groups of professionals authorized to represent tax payers before the IRS and State department of revenues, we act as the go between for the taxpayer client and the government agency.
- Financial Planning
- We provide fee only financial planning in the areas of retirement and family lifestyle. As we sell no products, we have an unbiased agenda in planning for your future.
- Estate Planning
- We provide fee only estate planning in the areas of tax reduction and asset allocation among heirs. We have partnerships with many excellent attorneys to help facilitate the legal documents needed in order to complete the planning of estates.
R. Lee Jennings is managing partner in the firm of RL Jennings & Associates an accounting firm with offices located in Rome and Ellijay Georgia which serve all of Georgia, the Southeast and various parts of Europe and Southeast Asia with a full range of audit, tax and consulting services.
Lee has served and currently serves on several committees of the Georgia Society of CPA’s on both the chapter and state level. He is a past President of the Educational Foundation of the Georgia Society of CPA’s, vice chair the Assurance Section and a former member of the Ethics Committee. He is the Past President and Chapter Representative for the Rome Chapter of the Georgia Society of CPA’s during which time they were named Small Chapter of the Year by the GSCPA.
Lee serves as treasurer to the George Faile Foundation, Inc. and to the Latin American Center of Northwest
GA, Inc. He is a member of the Rome Rotary Club, Lexington Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals and National Registry of Who’s Who. RL Jennings & Associates, PC was named Rome Floyd County Small Business of the Year for 2009. Lee was inducted into the Berry College Alumni Association Hall of Fame for Entrepreneurial Spirit in 2011.
He has spoken frequently on radio and in person on technology and technology related issues involving individuals and small business.
He graduated in 1985 from Berry College with a B.S. in Business and Accounting. Upon graduation he attended the US Army Signal School for both the Officers Basic and Advance Course in Signal Communications, spending 20 years in the Army Reserve in communications engineering. He is licensed to practice Public Accountancy in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and North Carolina and is a fellow member of the Georgia Society and Alabama Society of CPAs, as well as the American Institute of CPAs. He has the designation of Certified Forensic Claims Accountant and Certified Global Management Accountatnt.
In his spare time he rides his Harley Davidson motorcycle and goes camping.
Kathy Washington, CPA is a Senior Tax Manager for the Rome branch of RL Jennings & Associates. Sarah is a lifelong resident of Rome, Georgia and a graduate of Shorter College and received her Masters Degree from Berry College. She has spent 30 successful years in the accounting industry. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her granddaughter.
Marvin Chance, CPA is the Office Manager and the Senior Manager for the Ellijay branch of RL Jennings & Associates. Marvin is a lifelong resident of Gilmer County and a graduate of North Georgia College. He is a Certified Public Accountant who has spent 24 successful years in the banking industry. Marvin enjoys traveling with his wife Judy, and visiting his daughter Kaitlin who is a Registered Nurse at Children’s Health Care of Atlanta. In his free time, he enjoys researching his family’s genealogy.
Sarah Dunn, CPA is a Senior Accountant for the Ellijay branch of RL Jennings & Associates. Sarah is a lifelong resident of Fannin County and a graduate of North Georgia College and Auburn University. She is a Certified Public Accountant who has spent 5 successful years in the accounting industry.
Kelley Wood is a Senior Accountant for the Rome branch of RL Jennings & Associates. Kelley is a lifelong resident of Gaylesville, Alabama and a graduate of Athens State University. She has spent 17 successful years in the accounting industry. In her free time, she enjoys working on her farm with her husband Kenneth.
Deb Vincent is a Senior Accountant for the Rome branch of RL Jennings & Associates. Deb is a resident of Fort Payne, Alabama and a graduate of the University of South Florida and Indiana University Northwest. She has spent 16 successful years in the accounting industry. In her free time, she enjoys riding, fishing and boating with her husband Danny.
Cindy Deaton is a Senior Audit Manager for the Rome branch of RL Jennings & Associates. Sarah is a lifelong resident of Forney, Alabama and a graduate of Jacksonville University. She has spent 17 successful years in the accounting industry. In her free time, she enjoys working with children at her Church with her husband Tim.
Heather Shiflett is a Senior Accountant for the Rome branch of RL Jennings & Associates. Heather is a lifelong resident of Gordon County, Georgia and a graduate of Dalton State College. She has spent 4 successful years in the accounting industry. In her free time, she enjoys working on crafts and with her husband Nick.