- We provide consulting services for governments to include planning for bond issuance, changes in structure, tax digest increases, preparation for financial audits, and other such needs.
- We provide the attestation service of audit of financial statements for government officials to use in making crucial financial and management decisions, as well as compliance with federal and state laws.
- We provide the attestation service of review of financial statements for government officials to use in making crucial financial and management decisions. Reviews are less in scope than audits and do not provide the same level of assurance.
- We provide the attestation service of compilation of financial statements for government officials to use in making crucial financial and management decisions. Compilations are less in scope than audits and reviews, and do not provide any level of assurance.
- Agreed-Upon Procedures
- We provide the attestation service of agreed-upon procedures, where financial data is tested and examined for various outcomes. This is helpful when the government official wants to have work performed over a different period of time than the standard calendar year. This service can include inventory counts, accounts receivables, payables, cash disbursements, internal controls, etc. Many superior court judges use this service to comply with state law.
- Financial Statements
- We prepare financial statements for governments in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, tax basis or other accepted basis for the needs of the government official and compliance with federal and state law.
- We provide services to prevent and detect fraud in your government to include preparation for prosecution of violators.
R. Lee Jennings is managing partner in the firm of RL Jennings & Associates an accounting firm with offices located in Rome and Ellijay Georgia which serve all of Georgia, the Southeast and various parts of Europe and Southeast Asia with a full range of audit, tax and consulting services.
Lee has served and currently serves on several committees of the Georgia Society of CPA’s on both the chapter and state level. He is a past President of the Educational Foundation of the Georgia Society of CPA’s, vice chair the Assurance Section and a former member of the Ethics Committee. He is the Past President and Chapter Representative for the Rome Chapter of the Georgia Society of CPA’s during which time they were named Small Chapter of the Year by the GSCPA.
Lee serves as treasurer to the George Faile Foundation, Inc. and to the Latin American Center of Northwest
GA, Inc. He is a member of the Rome Rotary Club, Lexington Who’s Who Among Executives and Professionals and National Registry of Who’s Who. RL Jennings & Associates, PC was named Rome Floyd County Small Business of the Year for 2009. Lee was inducted into the Berry College Alumni Association Hall of Fame for Entrepreneurial Spirit in 2011.
He has spoken frequently on radio and in person on technology and technology related issues involving individuals and small business.
He graduated in 1985 from Berry College with a B.S. in Business and Accounting. Upon graduation he attended the US Army Signal School for both the Officers Basic and Advance Course in Signal Communications, spending 20 years in the Army Reserve in communications engineering. He is licensed to practice Public Accountancy in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and North Carolina and is a fellow member of the Georgia Society and Alabama Society of CPAs, as well as the American Institute of CPAs. He has the designation of Certified Forensic Claims Accountant and Certified Global Management Accountatnt.
In his spare time he rides his Harley Davidson motorcycle and goes camping.
Marvin Chance, CPA is the Office Manager and the Senior Manager for the Ellijay branch of RL Jennings & Associates. Marvin is a lifelong resident of Gilmer County and a graduate of North Georgia College. He is a Certified Public Accountant who has spent 24 successful years in the banking industry. Marvin enjoys traveling with his wife Judy, and visiting his daughter Kaitlin who is a Registered Nurse at Children’s Health Care of Atlanta. In his free time, he enjoys researching his family’s genealogy.
Tom Evans, CPA is a Senior Audit Manager for the Ellijay branch of RL Jennings & Associates. Tom is a resident of Gilmer County and a graduate of Florida State University. He is a Certified Public Accountant who has spent 30 successful years in the accounting industry. In his free time, he enjoys traveling with his wife.